Once you’ve found the most effective hemorrhoids treatments for your condition, you can prevent your condition from recurring with the following tips.
- Increase intake of high-fiber food. These include whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. High-fiber foods can increase stool bulk and soften it at the same time. This will help ease bowel movements as you would not need to strain yourself. Excessive straining during bowel movements can increase chances for hemorrhoids to form.
- Take fiber supplements. If you are having a hard time including more high-fiber foods in your diet then you can rectify this by taking fiber supplements instead. These are fairly easy to acquire since fiber supplements are available over the counter.
- Increase intake of water. Keep in mind that you’re not supposed to increase intake of just any liquid. Water is still the best type of liquid for you to drink and alcohol is still the worst.
- Exercise more. It’s not just good for your health but it can also make you less vulnerable to constipation.
- Avoid straining yourself when passing a stool. Even if it’s your natural urge to do so, try to relax yourself and simply wait for things to progress naturally.
By following these tips you can help prevent yourself from getting hemorrhoids in the future or at least lower the chance.